Conference on-site registration will start in the Entrance Hall of the Pyramida Hotel on
Sunday, July 9, 2017, 16:00 (4 p.m.)
Scientific program will start
Monday, July 10, 2017, 8:00 (8 a.m.)
- Scientific program will end
Saturday, July 15, 2017, 18:00 (6 p.m.)
Other important dates you will find under the item Important dates.
Scientific Program and Participation
You can find scope and topics of the FQMT'17 here.
The program has two
types of talks. Overview invited talk
cover a somewhat broader
area or a few related topics (30 minutes), while
shorter invited talks
(20 minutes) deal with promising progress in developing and
understanding particular topics or techniques related to the scope of
Duration of the invited talks will be communicated to individual speakers after the participation of most speakers is confirmed. Apart from a talk, every invited speaker can additionally contribute by one invited poster.
|All talks are invited by the Scientific Committee. No contributed talks are assumed.|
The program will also include public evening lectures, special lectures and round tables.
Participants who are not invited are encouraged to submit one or two poster contributions. The Scientific Committee will decide poster acceptance.
Participation at the conference is limited by its intended purpose and by the capacity of the local facilities.
You can find the summary of the social program under the item
Social events, concerts.
Services/materials provided during the conference
For the conference participants the following services will be provided:
- Social program mentioned in the section Social events, concerts
- Conference materials and a soft attaché case
- Poster session buffet
- Refreshments during all coffee breaks
For the accompanying persons the following services/materials will be provided:
- Social program mentioned in the section Accompanying persons
- Several guided tours through Prague for accompanying persons will be organized in time of the conference daily scientific program
- Personal badge - free entrance to the conference sites buildings
- Handbag with maps, writing pad and pencils
Those who intend to participate in the conference, including invited speakers and poster contributors, are kindly asked to register by filling out the registration form .
This essentially helps organizers to communicate with the participants and to prepare high-quality program.
The FQMT'17 on-site registration will take place in the conference site,
in the Entrance Hall of the Pyramida Hotel
- Sunday, July 9, 16:00 - 21:00
- Monday, July 10, 7:00 - 13:00.
Later on, there will be a possibility to register in the Conference
Office on the ground floor of the Hotel.
The participants are kindly asked to register, if possible, on Sunday, July 9.
All talks (apart from public lectures) and poster session will be held in the Pyramida Hotel
- you can find the description of the Pyramida Hotel and how to get there
under the item Venue.
All participants, including invited speakers and organizers, are kindly requested to pay the conference fee.
You can find details about the conference fees (amounts, services provided,) at the www page Conference Fee.
The FQMT'17 conference site is Pyramida Hotel.
In this place most of the FQMT'17 conference events will take place, including all regular talks, poster session and some social events.
You can find the description of the conference site
and how to get there
on the www page Venue.
Accommodation at the Conference Site
The Pyramida Hotel also provides high-quality accommodation.
Booking of rooms in the Pyramida Hotel for the FQMT’17 participants will be available by a special link at the page Accommodation. Special discount prices of rooms will be provided.
Lunches from Monday till Saturday
All participants (and their accompanying persons) can:
- either buy
reduced price tickets for lunches in the Restaurant Bohemia of the 1st floor of the Pyramida Hotel
during their registration on Sunday or Monday.
From Monday till Saturday, buffet type of lunch (choice of several warm dishes including vegetarian ones, eat as much as you like) will be prepared in the Restaurant Bohemia (its capacity is 300 seats) only for the participants as a favor of the hotel for the conference.
The hotel needs to know the approximate number of dishes in advance. All participants are therefore kindly asked to decide if they would like to use this possibility by the day of their registration. Only limited number of changes will be possible during the conference.
- go for lunch to the restaurant situated in the ground floor of the Pyramida Hotel.
- or go for lunch to some of a few restaurants which are
situated in the vicinity of the Pyramida Hotel.
Due to the limited time for the lunch, lunches directly in the Pyramida Hotel are, however, recommended.
- Monday: Welcome party in the Wallenstein Palace Garden.
- Tuesday: There will be enough time to go for dinner before the public lecture of Anton Zeilinger, either in the Pyramida Hotel or to various restaurants in the vicinity of the Pyramida Hotel. It is also possible to go for dinner to numerous restaurants in the Vinohrady area (near the National House of Vinohrady).
- Wednesday: There will be enough time to go for dinner before the public lecture of John Pendry, either in the Pyramida Hotel or to various restaurants in the vicinity of the Pyramida Hotel. It is also possible to go for dinner to numerous restaurants in the Old Town area (near the Rudolfinum).
- Thursday: Buffet during the poster session in the Pyramida Hotel.
Conference dinner in the Břevnov Monastery.
Price: 60 EUR per person - tickets for this dinner will be available during the registration.