The FQMT'11 conference site is
In this place most of the FQMT'11 conference events will take place, including all regular talks, poster session and some social events.
At the same time the hotel provides its guests with breakfast and for the participants of the conference a possibility to buy a lunch at a reduced price, see "Food" below.
Registration in Prague
The FQMT'11 conference registration will take place in the conference site,
in the Lobby of the Pyramida Hotel
Sunday July 24, 17:00 - 21:00
- Monday July 25, 7:00 - 13:00.
Later on, there will be a possibility to register in the Conference Office in the ground floor of the Hotel.
The participants are kindly asked to register, if possible, on Sunday, July 24.
You can find the description of the conference site and how to get there on the www page Venue.
Rooms and facilities available for the conference participants in the Pyramida Hotel
Pyramida Congress Hall (ground floor):
Most lectures will be presented there.
Cinema Hall and Conference Room 3 will be used for some parallel sessions.
- Lobby of Pyramida Congress Hall: it will serve as a coffee room;
tea and coffee will be available there all time.
- Several other rooms will be available for the FQMT'11 participants.
Lunches from Monday till Saturday
All participants (and their accompanying persons) can:
- either buy
tickets for lunches in the Restaurant Bohemia of the 1st floor of the Pyramida hotel
during their registration on Sunday or Monday.
During these days buffet type of lunch (choice of several warm dishes including vegetarian ones, eat as much as you like) will be prepared in the Restaurant Bohemia (its capacity is 300 seats) only for the participants as a favor of the hotel for the conference.
The hotel needs to know the approximate number of dishes in advance. All participants are therefore kindly asked to decide if they would like to use this possibility by the day of their registration. Only limited number of changes will be possible during the conference.
The price of one lunch will be 15 EUR.
- or go for lunch to some of a few restaurants which are
situated in the vicinity of the Pyramida hotel.
Due to the limited time for the lunch, lunches directly in the Pyramida hotel are, however, recommended.
- Monday: Welcome party in the Wallenstein Palace Garden.
- Tuesday: There will be enough time to go for dinner before the public lecture of Martin Rees, either in the Pyramida Hotel or to various restaurants in the vicinity of the Pyramida Hotel. It is also possible to go for dinner to numerous restaurants in the Old Town area (near St. Simon and Juda Church).
- Wednesday: Buffet during the poster session in the Pyramida Hotel.
- Thursday: There will be enough time to go for dinner before the public lecture of Claude Cohen-Tannoudji, either in the Pyramida Hotel or to various restaurants in the vicinity of the Pyramida Hotel. It is also possible to go for dinner to numerous restaurants in the Old Town area (near the Rudolfinum).
Conference dinner in the Vikárka Restaurant at Prague Castle.
Price: 60 EUR per person - tickets for this dinner will be available during the registration.
The scientific program of the conference you can find under the items Program timetable and Program summary.
All lectures (apart from public lectures) and poster session will be held in the Pyramida Hotel
- you can find the description of the Pyramida Hotel and how to get there
under the item Venue.
You can find summary of the social program under the items Social events and Special events, concerts .